Affordable opportunities for health professionals (students and the general public are also welcomed).
P-POD is a Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our strictly noncommercial conferences offer an evidence based focus on how society’s major chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer and diabetes, may largely be prevented, and in many cases treated, via lifestyle changes by individuals and in communities.
5th annual national Plant-based Prevention Of Disease (P-POD) Conference
May 19-21, 2018, Raleigh NC
Continuing education credits for the full conference (to be pro-rated for partial attendance):
- CME: 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. This activity is designated for a maximum of 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Certificates will be issued by Mountain Area Health Education Center. Awarded to physicians, and recognizable (subject to their own credentialing requirements) for PHARMACISTS, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwives and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (and approvable by some state boards of optometry). DETAILED DISCLOSURES ARE IN THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE PAGE.
- CEU: 1.7 CEUs (16.75 contact hours), as established by National Task Force on the Continuing Education Unit. For nurses, and any other practitioners whose credentialing organization recognizes the following: MAHEC designates this continuing education activity as meeting criteria for 1.7 CEUs as established by National Task force on the Continuing Education Unit. You must attend the entire activity or activities to receive CEUs. 16.75 Contact Hours.
- CNE: 16.75 hours Nursing CNE have been approved by New Mexico Nurses Association (NMNA). NMNA is an accredited approver of Continuing Nursing Education by American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- CPEU: 17 CPEUs for participation in the full conference, approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. These apply to Registered Dietitians and Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RD’s, RDN’s), and Dietetic Technicians, Registered and Nutrition and Dietetics Technicians, Registered (DTR’s, NDTR’s).
- ABLM CME: 16.75 Credits in Lifestyle Medicine. The American Board of Lifestyle Medicine has approved the 2018 P-POD Conference as an in-person-learning CME provider. The 16.75 CME credits for 2018 P-POD are applicable for candidates for the 2018 American Board of Lifestyle Medicine certifying examination (credentialing for Diplomate of the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine).
CME DETAILS / DISCLOSURES, 2018:
Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) designates this live educational activity for a maximum 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits (TM). Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Disclosure of faculty and commercial support relationships, if any, will be made at the activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements of North Carolina Medical Society (NCMS), and the policies, Essential Areas, and standards regarding industry support to continuing medical education, of Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, through joint providership of MAHEC and P-POD. MAHEC is accredited by NCMS to provide medical education for physicians. The conference activity coordinator is Bob LeRoy, RDN MS EdM, and physician director is Mladen Golubic, MD PhD.